Robbins Russell was founded in 2001 by four partners from the Washington office of Mayer Brown and a veteran of the Justice Department’s Antitrust Division. They sought to build a firm focused solely on litigation—one with the breadth and depth of experience to stand against any firm in the nation but of a size that fosters collegiality and flexibility.
Seventeen years later, that firm now numbers roughly thirty-five lawyers—and we count among our ranks former partners from firms such as Fried Frank and Williams & Connolly, and veterans of numerous Justice Department divisions, including the Office of the Solicitor General, the Criminal Division, the Civil Division, and U.S. Attorneys’ offices.
We handle a wide variety of litigation matters in state and federal courts across the country—in trial courts, appellate courts, bankruptcy courts, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Our lawyers have tried to verdict more than 150 jury trials and many more bench trials.
- Over their careers, eight different partners have argued a total of 51 times in the U.S. Supreme Court, with a record of 40 wins, 9 defeats, and 2 split decisions. Three of those partners argued cases while they were still associates here.
- We handle internal and government investigations worldwide for clients in many different industries—often in connection with our representation of those clients in administrative and criminal enforcement proceedings. Many of our attorneys hold or have held U.S. government security clearances.
Over the years, the quality of our work and the results we have delivered for our clients have been widely recognized. Recent accolades include:
- BTI Consulting Group, “Client Service A-Team” (2018)
- Benchmark Litigation, “Appellate Tier I” (2019)
- American Lawyer, “Global Dispute of The Year: U.S. Finance Litigation” (2016)
- Law360, “Five Go-To Boutique Trial Firms” (2016)
- Law360, “Litigation Boutiques That Should Scare Big Law” (2015)
- Super Lawyers, “Top Mid-Sized Litigation Boutique in D.C.” (2014)
We invite you to learn more about us through this website or by contacting one of us directly.